Wednesday, December 5, 2012

End of the Year Lists

Well, the year is winding down, and in the library world that means that everyone, and I do mean everyone is coming out with its list of the year's best books.  

First up is The New York Times with a list of the 100 Notable books of 2012.  I was sorry to see that out of the nearly 70 books I've read this year, only 2 of them, The Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter, and Canada by Richard Ford are on this list, although I am on the waiting list for Ian McEwan's Sweet Tooth.

If you need anymore lists, the blog Largeheartedboy has created a list of all the Best of lists for 2012.  This list will be updated every day as more lists are available.

So, if you're out of something to read and need  ideas, or if you're in the mood to be overwhelmed by all the books you haven't read yet, check out these pages to get more ideas.

Later this week I'll post a few of my favorites for the year, and during the month I'll post some of the staff favorites, as well as the most popular books among our patrons this year.

No comments: